Sunday, April 4, 2010

spring cleaning

With Easter weekend just around the corner & friends/family coming into town, I was inspired to do some Spring cleaning & sprucing up around the house.


The entrance to the house got a mini face-lift with Pottery Barn knock-off jar candle holders, some newly potted flowers & furniture shuffling.



One of my favorite additions is the pot with our broken garden tools poking out. Bummer we broke the tools, but they look cute! They were pretty old & used, anyway. :)


I've been stalking the thrift stores for these aqua mason jars - just so cute! And baby food jars are perfect for all of the grape hyacinths that pop up EVERYWHERE this time of year.


I'd been on the lookout for a "new" lamp to replace the lamp I "refurbished" for our first apartment 7 years ago. I found the shade first while at Goodwill & managed to find a base that worked with it...still not sure if I'll keep it gold, but I'm liking it right now.


Finally, the first of our guests: Chris (one of Kenton's best friends from High School) came up to visit his parents in Kaiser for Easter & stopped by for a quick visit. After a little while, Finn told us that Chris looked different. We realized he was expecting our friend Kris Elkinton (Charis' dad) & couldn't figure out how he had changed so much since our last visit with the Elkinton's. :P

Anyway, Kenton & Chris had a great time visiting & Finn loved showing Chris all of his favorite toys & games. :)

No comments: