Thursday, July 28, 2011

a big birthday

On Wednesday, July 20th, I had a big birthday...one that was quite difficult for me. Still is. :| I turned 30. And it just sounds weird. But difficult or not, it was still my birthday & worth celebrating. :P


My boys were eager to give me my gifts before we had to leave for work.


Cedar looks a bit more excited than Cedar, wouldn't you say? ;)


Kenton took the afternoon off work & my mom watched our boys for a bit longer so that we could go to lunch!


We ate at Marche & were not disappointed! I was especially happy that the sun decided to shine on my birthday - we were able to eat outside! :)


We both ordered the Steak Frites, because it is so delicious!


After lunch, we picked up the boys & then went shopping at some local nurseries & farms. I picked out some flowers to plant in my yard & was able to work in the garden for a bit before dinner.


We went to dinner at El Torito & cashed in on "Kids Eat Free" Wednesdays. :)


It was a great choice for us to go to as a family!


Finn worked hard on the activity sheet!


Both boys enjoyed getting specials drinks with their free meals. They even got a dessert! What a deal. :)


A balloon artist came by & made blue swords for the boys.


He even made some extras in case one popped!


I noticed the people that were eating outside were getting a kick out of the sword fight that immediately commenced once we stepped out the door. :)

It was a great day, full of fun with my boys. Couldn't ask for more!

No comments: