Thursday, September 22, 2011

around the garden

 I haven't shared as many photos of the growing garden this year as I did last year, but it's still going strong!  I was excited to try growing flowers from seed this year & even more excited that it worked!  I had lots of poppies, cosmos, sunflowers & zinnias to use in flower arrangements + echinacea, dahlias, russian sage that grow perennially in our backyard.  Flower gardening is so fun!  I just need to learn more about landscaping...


 Herbs, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, potatoes, carrots & flowers.


 Corn & tomatoes.


 Colorful flowers.  Colorless sky.  :\  
We had a very cool, slow to start summer this year.  So far, my first two years of gardening have ended up being during unusually cool or rainy summers.  Hopefully, next summer will be more typical! 


 Love the poppies the most!!


 Kenton bought me a portable green house for my birthday!  He set it up with "help" from Finn.


Set up & ready for action, in our side yard near the raspberries.  I'm hoping to start of lot of plants from seed for next year's garden!  :)

No comments: