Wednesday, May 28, 2008

poor baby

Last night, Finn got our attention when he threw up in bed. He has never been sick like that before. When he was younger, he used to spit-up often & by large amounts. But we had never seen anything like this before. Probably nothing special to most parents out there, but a first for us. We got him out of bed, stripped off the blankets, put Finn in the tub, remade the bed & put clean jammies on our boy. He was shivering all over, so I wrapped him in a blanket & cuddled him while we read a few books.

He must have been really sleepy still because he went right back to sleep without a peep - I was worried he'd get upset if I left him alone. :] Go figure. Amazingly enough, he slept the rest of the night without any further episodes. I stayed home from work though, because he still had a fever & I wasn't really sure he was over it. Turns out he wasn't completely recovered, so it was good that I stayed home with him.

Strangely enough, Ronan, Tyler & Macey were all sick last night too! Yuck! Hopefully it will stop there.


Thank goodness for random junk mail filled with stickers! :) I was definitely scrambling for things to do on a drizzly, gray day. Before his nap, we got bundled up & went for a stroll around the neighborhood, looking for trucks. We ended up walking the same route as the garbage truck - so exciting to Finn! And I got some practice searching for backhoes & excavators on Google & YouTube! Now Finn asks for backhoes every time he sees me at the computer. Whoops! :)


Finn got another fun surprise when Pappa Henry came over to deliver & help install our new dishwasher! He was very interested in the tools & "helping" the guys. Notice: Finn & Pappa are wearing matching shirts, by total coincidence. :)

I will most definitely post pictures of our new dishwasher as soon as everything is back in place.

I'm pretty sure Finn is feeling better. He keeps asking for food & eating a little bit. He hasn't really regained his appetite, but he's getting close. We're hopeful that the worst is over & that we won't experience the same sickness. :\

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor guy! I'm glad his first sick time wasn't too scary for him or for you guys! I hope he keeps getting better and better so he's perfect when we get to see him!! Yay!
Congrats on the new dishwasher! Fun! Did the old one break or did you just decide to get a new one?
I had a good appointment with my surgeon today.. all good news and healing nicely! Yippy!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Finn is feeling bad. I hope he feels better soon! Enjoy your new dishwasher.
Love, Sam