Friday, July 18, 2008

the past few weeks

Here are some favorites from the past few weeks that didn't make it into any particular post.

Finn & Mama at the Eugene Saturday Market.
We dropped by for lunch & to visit the Farmer's Market. I always imagine how great it would be to go to the Farmer's Market every weekend to buy produce for the week. Unfortunately, I am not that organized & we don't live very near the market, so it never happens. But this particular Saturday, we were in need of some ingredients for dinner & we were close by. Perfect! We enjoyed local squash & zucchini with our apricot pork kabobs that night. Yumm....

Possibly that same evening, Carolyn & Jesse reading to Finn.
I love watching Finn interact with other adults. He is always entertaining to me, so I get a kick out of seeing other people react to him & vice versa. He was getting pretty sleepy here...almost time for bed.


A new game that Dad made up: backhoe rides.
If you've ever heard of airplane rides, a backhoe ride is very similar. The major difference is that this type of ride ends with the dumping of Finn (every so gently) onto Kenton's chest, with a little *crash* noise. Finn loves to roll off, run around & hop back on for another ride. :) Kenton claims this is a good workout, but I'm pretty sure he enjoys the game as much as Finn!

1 comment:

Jax said...

okay, so everything is explained about why Finn was climbing all over me on the floor last night. He was climbing all over my legs and then jumping on my tummy saying "backhoe" over and over. Haha. I'm not very observant because I kept letting him jump all over me, tickling him, and was telling him that "Pete's backhoe" was all done because you guys were coming home soon. (He had just been kinda sad that Stu and I closed the scrapbooking/heroscape room door because we had watched "Pete" about a million times). Next time I will be ready with the backhoe action. ;-)