Tuesday, April 28, 2009

baby's room

This week, I got the baby room decorated & put the last finishing touches together. This time around, I didn't worry too much about everything matching perfectly...I just wanted the colors to work together; no real theme. But I'm pleased with how everything has turned out & can't wait to share the room with baby #2! :)


I don't really intend to display nursing pads & milk storage bags on this shelf...more likely, I'll store wipes there. But this works for now. :)


I looked at a lot of art work online & ended up using what I saw as inspiration to make some tree prints (in other words, I copied a little). :)


Mummi did a great job framing all 3 prints. Don't they look great! I ended up cutting up one of the gift bags we received & framing it for the dresser (the bird print in the silver frame).


Cute new bedding for our new little boy.
The crib, on the other hand, has been loved (& colored with markers) by big brother, Finley!


A bird from Aunt Gretchen, hanging from the curtain rod.


There are a few more pictures that I'm saving until after our little boy arrives - in just 3 days...unless he has a different schedule in mind. ;)

3 comments:

Jax said...

That gift bag picture that you framed pretty much perfectly matches the bird that Gretchen gave you. That's pretty cool. I love the colors in this room! That floor is pretty comfortable too. I enjoyed sitting on it and hanging out with you and Carolyn on our Girls Night ;-)

hechtr said...

Lucky Cedar has a beautiful room to come home to! We love all the artwork, Katrina, you are so talented~everything "goes" great!
xoxo
M&P

Gretchen Ruddick said...

Wow! The room looks great! I can't wait to see it in person...it's been a long time since we've been to your house! I can't wait for your sweet boy to arrive! We're all SOOO excited!