Wednesday, April 1, 2009

nesting

One of the major tasks on my list of things to do while on Spring Break was to finally tackle the baby room. Since we moved in last November, that room been used as storage for everything that didn't have a home yet. Thankfully, it didn't take long to clear out the things that didn't belong & it helped that we'd had been getting rid of extra furniture on Craigslist for a few months.

Once everything that didn't belong was out, we organized the things that did belong: crib, changing table, dresser, baby clothes, etc. I still need to sort through the 6-12 month clothes, but we're set for the first few months at least. I painted the room & my mom helped me sew curtains. What a relief that we tackled that project!


My mom sewed the first curtain panel & then I took on the second panel after she left, while Finn was asleep. I was very relieved to see that both panels look alike! :)


Dad with his helper, putting up the curtain rod. You can see the wall color in this photo.


A close up of the top of the curtains, waiting to be hung on the window.


Yay!
I still want to find/make art for the walls, including painted letters for his name. That's the next project on the list...for me. I have a whole different list of projects for Kenton to do before baby #2 comes. Which is really, really soon...so exciting & crazy at the same time!

2 comments:

Carolyn Williams said...

Those curtains are so pretty! Cedar is going to have such a nice, peaceful room. I'm so jealous you are still on break. I got up at 5:45 today to be at school at 7. Ahhh... the like of an IHS teacher. :)

Angela said...

The room is looking great! I saw this link on a friend's blog and thought of you. 30 ideas for making your own wall art! http://www.diyideas.com/quickprojects/WallsFloors/wall-art_ss26.html