Thursday, April 16, 2009

happy easter

We celebrated Easter with my family on Saturday with egg coloring, an egg hunt & dinner with everyone, including Erik & my cousin Dan, his wife Brooke & their twin girls, Summer & Kara. I didn't do a very good job of getting photos of everyone, but I enjoyed the day!


Kenton was very brave & helped Finn color eggs for the very first time. For those who don't know, Kenton strongly dislikes getting messy or letting Finn get messy. Plus, we were all wearing white - bummer. Luckily, I had a change of clothes for Finn & I took over for Kenton as soon as I could. :P


Tyler & his pink/red collection of eggs.


Becca with Cohen & Sadie.


Gretchen, Finn & Mama.
Gretchen's boys colored eggs too...just didn't get them in the photos.


The egg hunt! My parents had the brilliant idea of color coding the plastic eggs. Each child knew which color they were looking for. Finn hunted for purple!


Sweet Griffin. I think he was searching for yellow. I wish I would have taken a photo of all the kids with their bags of color coded eggs. It was pretty cute!


I found one of Finn's! About halfway through finding his eggs, one opened up & he realized there were treats & toys in them! Then he wanted to open each one. We still managed to save some of his treats for later. :)


Our family.
Finley (2 yrs 5 mos), Kenton, & Katrina (36 weeks pregnant)


Finn enjoying a peep. I was pretty proud that he seemed to appreciate the yumminess of a peep, since I could not partake this year...a little too much sugar for the pregnant lady with Gestational Diabetes. :P Next year, I will be ready for those peeps!

1 comment:

Jax said...

It looks like you had a fun Easter! I miss being young enough to hunt for easter eggs in the backyard and get Easter baskets.