Tuesday, June 3, 2008

learning new tricks


I followed a tutorial on how to give the appearance of "Through the Viewfinder" photography (Through the Viewfinder photography is defined as taking a picture of any subject through the viewfinder of any camera with another camera). I had to figure out how to apply the tutorial to Photoshop, but it worked pretty well! I was inspired by this idea (maybe for the wall in our bedroom?) by a photographer named Tara Whitney & she provided the links to all the important tools needed, including this. I'd never actually heard of TTV photography until I read her blog, but I really like the look. And I always enjoy learning how to do anything on Photoshop - it's a little complicated for me.


5 comments:

Gretchen Ruddick said...

That is SO cool! I love it!

Jax said...

This picture looks super professional! Stu looked at the picture and said that he thought Finn was getting really big. I think that he looks a lot like Kenton in this picture! You have some awesome photography skills! Can't wait to see more viewfinder pictures!...and your new windows! ;-)

hechtr said...

what a beautiful and precious photo of your boy!
<3 mom

Lauren Odell Usher Sharpton said...

What a fantastic photograph. Your boy is growing up so quickly. I can already tell he will be a handsome man (:

Lauren

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie pie! And his mom is a great photographer! Thanks for the idea, and link too! I think I'll try that one also. --Outi