Saturday, September 6, 2008

labor day weekend

Many months ago, Kenton & I made plans to visit Seattle with our friends, Stu & Jacque, so that Kenton & Stu could attend the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX). This is a game convention that Kenton has been interested in for several years but had never been able to make it up for. Jacque & I decided we'd enjoy a girl's weekend in Seattle, so we tagged along. Finn stayed in Eugene with my parents for one night & Kenton's parents the next night - the longest we'd ever left Finn!


On Saturday, Jacque & I met up with my friend Angela, who I know from high school. I got to meet her sweet, little boy, Rooke. It was really nice to catch up with Angela, since I hadn't seen her since her baby shower last Spring. :)


The Convention Trade Center
This is where the guys spent most of their time & where we often picked them up.


On Sunday afternoon, Jacque & I explored the Pike Place Market, while we waited for the guys to finish up.


Amazing flowers at amazing prices!


Yummy farm, fresh produce!


Jacque & Katrina
We sure managed to do a lot of shopping. We especially enjoyed spending as much time as we wanted in stores like Ross & TJ Maxx, where our guys are usually instantly bored. :P


Kenton & Stu with their 3-day passes around their necks. They seemed to have a great time. I heard it described as better than Disneyland, more than once... I'm not sure if I'd agree, but I'm so glad Kenton had someone to go with who would enjoy it as much as him.

1 comment:

Jax said...

We had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys that weekend! Definitely one of the high points in my summer ;-)