Sunday, September 23, 2007

Can I do this?

I like the idea of keeping a journal so that I can look back on what my life was like, what I was thinking about, worrying about, excited about. But I am terrible at being consistent. I've never tried keeping a journal on the computer...maybe I'll be better at typing out my thoughts instead of writing them down. Who knows?! But for now, I'm excited to start keeping a record of my family's history. I want to be able to go back and look at what I said on a specific day - especially for scrapbooking! I think it will be a good way to keep family and friends updated. So I'll probably share my blog (my blog - sounds silly!).

Today Finn is 10 months, 2 weeks and 6 days old. Crawling like a maniac. Pulling up to standing. Cruising. Babbling. He says "Mamamama", "Dadadada", "Papa", "Naynay", "Meimei". Pretty cute. But he has a cold or a runny nose or is teething. I don't know. He's sad and sensitive. He has been traumatized by the bulb syringe and whines if I even pick it up. So sad. I had to suction out his nose by myself this morning. Not a pretty picture. Makes me feel horrible. He cries instantly and twists with all of his might to get away. I have to try and hold his head in one place, keep his hands away, all while avoiding his kicking feet, and then, ever so gently, insert the syringe into his tiny nostril. Not fun. But he can't breathe if I don't, so what can I do? I think we need to get a humidifier. I think it's supposed to help. I don't actually know. There's a lot that I don't actually know. That's what it is to be a parent, right? Always second guessing yourself.

No comments: