Monday, August 11, 2008

my first class

On Thursday night, we held a graduation ceremony for our kids that are transitioning to kindergarten. This marked the completion of my first year as the lead teacher in the morning class. I was feeling a little emotional about it all day but when the ceremony started, I was just nervous so it all worked out. I don't usually talk at our graduations but this year our afternoon teacher (Angie) was in Louisiana watching her son play in the little league World Series. She's the one who runs the show usually, but that night it was me. :| My co-worker Becca helped though, so that was great!

I would love to post photos of all of my cute kids & their graduation caps (that didn't stay on well) but due to confidentiality, I cannot. Boo. :( They're cute. And I will miss them all!


Kenton & Finn were there too!
Finn got a kick out of cheering for the kids for a little while. Then he was done. :) My mom, Gretchen & her boys came at the end which helped entertain Finn.


Matthew, Katrina, Jacque & Becca
Serving the yummy food: pizza donated from Papa's Pizza & a ton of cupcakes made by one of the parents from the PM class!


My team: Tamy, Matthew, Katrina, Jacque, & Becca
(hiding our gloved hands) :)
We missed having Angie with us. Things ran pretty smoothly though & we had a great turn out. Becca & I always joke that every year we say that this is the biggest graduating class ever & it ends up being about 12 every year. But this year was actually the biggest we can remember having - there were 8 graduates in the morning class alone.... I think between the two classes we had 15 kids graduating. Woohoo!

And now we all get to enjoy 3 weeks off to reboot for the fall! I do love my job!

2 comments:

Gretchen Ruddick said...

Congratulations on a successful 1st year of teaching!! You have done such a great job with the classroom--EEP is lucky to have you! It was fun being at graduation, even for a little bit.

Jax said...

Yea! Now you are an EEP veteran right?? Next year will be a breeze! I like your pictures. I was bummed because I wanted to put up some pictures but I discovered that I left the cord to my camera in the classroom. I'm pretty clever...So when would you guys like to hang out??