Monday, August 4, 2008

my favorite day of the year

Fair warning: there are a lot of photos today. Bear with me.

Kenton's Birthday. My favorite day of the year. The first two photos make me smile. This is the standard expression from Kenton when he opens gifts:


A little family resemblance! :P

Finley & I gave our gifts to Kenton before church, first thing in the morning. We have a hard time waiting. :)


After church, Kenton's parents & grandparents treated us to lunch at one of Kenton's favorite restaurants: BJ's! Yumm! (Notice the assortment of books intended to keep Finn happy...it kind of worked.) :\


The best part: Pizookie! Kenton is also showing off the magnetism in Finn's little backhoe. Cool, huh? :P

We went home for Finn's nap & got everything ready for a last minute BBQ with friends & family. The highly anticipated dessert was by Kenton's request:



Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
! (For reals!)
Kenton found this recipe on a random blog one day & decided he had to try them. He believes the theory that everything tastes better with bacon. After trying these cookie, I might (*might*) have to agree. :)


Working the barbeque at his own party.


Our friends & family gathered in the backyard for dinner.


Kenton got to have the first cookie!


Looks pretty tasty!


Inside the house we had Rock Band set up. There was a pretty constant stream of rocking going on. :)


Finn even had a turn on the drums. Not bad!


My love & me!


Our family.
(Finn is almost 21 months)


After the party, Kenton let Finn try some sparklers that we had left over from the 4th of July.


I like this photo. The lighting turned out nicely...if I do say so myself. :P

5 comments:

Jax said...

Definitely looks like it was a fun birthday for Kenton. Thanks for inviting us over! It was fun to see everyone and watch all the kids interact with each other (since I stalk them all through blogs and have never seen them all in real life!). And the bacon cookies were pretty good!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Party was a success from looking at Kenton's facial expressions! I have similar pics of
Kenton when he was much younger:)
The bacon cookies were surprisingly good.--Mom Henry

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Kenton! Great job Katrina, you always make everyone's birthday a special day.

I don't think I will be trying the bacon cookies anytime soon considering that I have given up almost all meat, but they looked good.
Love you guys!

Jon and Amy said...

Yay for Kenton's birthday! That was a very fun party- thanks for inviting us. And I do believe that Jon and I are fans of the bacon cookies as well

And by the way, I think blog entries with lots of pictures are the coolest ones! (uh, that could be because I post a million pictures on every one of my entries and I am trying to justify it with that statement!) :)

Unknown said...

Hey Katrina, Okay, so I have to admit that the thought of the cookies kind of grosses me out, but I'm sure Jay would absolutely LOVE them! He loves bacon too and wishes that he could come across a candle with a bacon scent! Your family sure has A LOT of birthdays at this time of year! Take care, Alisa =)