Friday, December 12, 2008

it's a boy!

Our little boy, laying on his back, looking up, with his legs crossed above him.

This morning, Kenton & I caught a little glimpse of the baby in my tummy! After some poking & prodding...& a bit of jumping around, he straightened his crossed legs, so we could see for ourselves that we have a little boy on the way! Kenton & I are both a little shocked. I guess neither one of us really thought we would have a second boy. It's pretty amazing to think about what it will be like to have another little boy who is different than Finn. We have no idea what to expect, but are very excited to meet this little person. I am planning to have another C-section & are working on scheduling it for May 1, 2009.

Finn took a long look at the ultrasound photo & really seemed to understand that he was looking at a baby. Whenever he sees a baby, he says "Awwww" & lays his head to the side with a cute grin. He thinks babies are so cute! It's going to be so fun to see him interacting with his little brother. I've been feeling baby #2 moving around in my tummy for about 3 weeks now & just recently felt him kick from the outside. Hopefully, soon Kenton & Finn will get a chance to feel him kick too!

We are so thankful for the healthy baby boy growing in my tummy & pray that my pregnancy continues to progress smoothly through the final 5 months. We can't wait to introduce you to the newest member of our family this May!

7 comments:

Jon and Amy said...

Congratulations, Henry family! We can't wait to meet your sweet little boy, too! :)

The Millers said...

Hurray! We are also very excited for you. Addi can't wait to meet her new friend.

Gretchen Ruddick said...

Wow! That is a great profile picture! We can't wait to meet our newest nephew! It will be so much fun for Finn to have a brother close in age to grow up with! We're excited for your family (:

Jax said...

I am really excited because Stu and I got to know you well after Finn was already a toddler and now we get to know another baby Henry! It is awesome that we get to see how different this baby is from Finn and I am honored to know that we were in with the few people who knew you were pregnant...yum...beer cheese soup... You guys are my first friends (Geez I feel young) who we have been around for a whole pregnancy and I am really excited. Don't worry...I'm not a stalker...yum...beer cheese soup...

Lauren Odell Usher Sharpton said...

Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing the most excellent news. Hopefully the two boys play nice ;).

-Tom and Lauren

Emily said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you guys :)

Carolyn Williams said...

Wow, lots of people are excited about your little boy! Me too!! Can't wait to meet him!