Thursday, January 29, 2009

doctor visit with finn

On Wednesday, Dad & Finn came to my OB appointment with me. It was at the end of the day, so Finn & I were home together & we met Dad at the doctor.


I usually have appointments in the mornings, when Finn is with my parents or Kenton's parents. So this was Finn's first time seeing Dr. Haugen (the doctor who delivered him) since he was a newborn. This was also our first time experiencing how behind our doctor can get by the end of the day. We waiting for quite a while in the play area until it was my turn. Luckily, Finn loved all of the toys - & there were a lot to choose from!


Finn was very interested in my "seat" & figured out right away how to turn on the lamp. He also watched very closely as the doctor listened to the baby's heart. He even commented later on the "lilli (little) soap" that Dr. Haugen put on my tummy (ultrasound gel stuff) to listen to the baby. :)


Finn gets very excited when we talk about the new baby. Today, I talked to him about the tiny diapers that his baby brother will wear & he just giggled, like it was the cutest thing. He likes to pretend to bring things to the baby, like food, toys, blankets. He's going to be such a great big brother!


26 weeks
At the end of the 2nd trimester (2/3 of the way done!)

Everything looked great at my appointment. My blood pressure & weight gain have stayed low & I have a C-section scheduled for May 1st at 7:30 am! We will get to spend the whole 1st day with our new baby boy - can't wait! Finn came later in the afternoon, so our first night came quickly. It'll be fun to have a different experience this time, in so many ways!

3 comments:

Jax said...

It is crazy that you are so close to having your baby. I feel like it was just the other day that you told us you were pregnant!

Carolyn Williams said...

I'm happy everything is fine! :)

Gretchen Ruddick said...

You look great!! We are so excited for May 1st to get here! Can't wait to meet our new nephew!