Tuesday, January 20, 2009

weekend getaway

I spent the holiday weekend in Lincoln City at our friends' parent's condo. It was wonderful! We left our husbands & children at home while we enjoyed a girl's weekend. I've never been away from Finn for this long & I've never left Kenton alone with Finn for a whole weekend, so it felt weird...but kind of normal at the same time. :)


Once we arrived at the condo, we didn't drive anywhere for 3 days. We woke up when we wanted, ate when we felt like it, & made sure to walk on the beach a couple of times. :)


There were a lot of jelly fish on the beach. Kinda creepy, but they look neat too!


I spent most of my free time trying to catch up on my scrapbook. I finished 16 pages from the summer of 2007. It was great to get back into it, after taking several months off while moving/unpacking/feeling nauseated. :) Carolyn worked on a scrapbook of her family history for a class, Aimee worked on a couple of craft projects, Stephanie knitted & did some homework, & Jody did a lot of reading.

We also played some games & watched a movie. Pretty low key.


Carolyn & Katrina
We had amazing weather for January at the Oregon Coast. Mid 50's without any wind. It was so great to feel warm from the sun!


A couple attempts at capturing the sunset.


We had a wonderful view from our room!




Big THANK YOU to Colin's family for letting us enjoy a much-needed, relaxing weekend away in their lovely condo. It was such a treat. And thanks to Stephanie too for making this weekend happen. It was so great to come home, feeling energized & productive. My boys had a lot of fun together & managed to stay busy. Sounds like Finn missed me, so that feels nice too. :)

3 comments:

Carolyn Williams said...

Thanks again Colin and Stephanie!!

Anonymous said...

Great photos as usual, Katrina! I really like the vertical one with soft lights at sunset, and the one where the orange sun reflects in the windows. Good to have you back home!--Outi

Jax said...

It looks like you guys picked a great weekend to go to the coast! I'm sure that Kenton and Finn missed you a lot but its always nice to leave once in a while to remind them how important you are ;-)