Sunday, February 21, 2010

weekend project

This weekend, we rented a rototiller to help us clear out the garden beds & prepare the vegetable garden area.


We mainly just wanted to clear the grass out of there, since we're planning to fill the raised beds with nice soil for growing vegetables. So there was still a lot of digging to do & it went pretty fast with Brian's help. Thanks Brian!!


It was such a nice, sunny day & the kids were able to play outside while the guys worked. Finn had a LOT of fun running & jumping onto his upside down tent. :P Cedar spent a lot of time crawling after this blue ball. He's getting used to crawling in the grass. :)


We stacked the raised beds while the garden area was being tilled. It made a good cage for Cedar...we let him out as soon as he started complaining. :)

Can't wait to share some after pictures...but there's still a lot of work to do. Plus, we have a couple loads of cut up grass to take to Lane Forest Products & we want to pick up a couple loads of bark mulch for my new flower beds. Time to start planning what I want to plant over there. Where's Samantha when I need her?? :(

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm here :( I wish I could be there, but call anytime. I am so excited for you guys, it looks like a lot of work but fun and definitively worth it.