Sunday, July 25, 2010

happy birthday to me

I got to open gifts from my guys before going to work...we just have too hard of a time waiting around here. Finn was so excited for my birthday. It was very sweet. He was almost as excited as I was! ;)


In fact, he spilled the beans the night before by whispering, "We got you garden shoes!" while Kenton was out of sight. :P I told him not to tell me what gifts they got for me & he said, "Don't tell Dad!" Stinker! I told Kenton anyway & I still had to wait until the morning to open my garden shoes!


They also gave me a fancy running watch that measures my heart rate & distance & such. It's quite complicated & will take me awhile to figure out, but it's cool. Kenton's motivated to help me learn to use it, so that will be great. Now I just have to keep up the jogging! :)

Carolyn was filling in with child care while Kenton's parents were in Finland & she offered to stay later so that I could go to lunch with Kenton. We ate at Sweet Basil, because I'm always jealous when Kenton goes there for lunch. It was very tasty & close to the Farmer's Market...we picked up some strawberries for my birthday dessert.

I went home for the afternoon, then took the boys to my parent's house so that Kenton & I could go to dinner. No cooking for me, on my birthday! ;)


We ate at Cafe Zenon & really enjoyed our meal.


Kenton decided to be brave & order a bottle of wine (their wine bottles are half off on Tuesdays!). We've never ordered a bottle of wine at a restaurant before, so we were quite thrown off by the little ceremony that followed. Kenton didn't know that he was supposed to taste the wine while the waiter was still there...so we felt like big dorks, but whatever! It was tasty wine.


I even drank a glass & I never drink wine! :)


After dinner, we met my family along with Carolyn & Jesse for dessert at our house - strawberry shortcake, of course! Kenton made the cakes & whipped cream & Finn helped me cut up the strawberries.


He also helped me blow out the candles - a "2" + 9 candles = 29! Eek!


Cedar made the rounds & helped everyone eat their dessert!


My audience for the opening of gifts. :P


Such lovely gifts: flowers, pretty clothes, garden cart, garden table...


...garden hat, a rooster tray
(in honor of Stella: our hen that turned out to be a rooster, whom we then ate) :\
I felt very spoiled!


I loved spending my birthday with family & friends. At the end of the day, Finn said, "I love Mama's birthday!" I have such sweet boys.

No comments: