Sunday, April 20, 2014

easter sunday 2014

 The boys woke up just before 7:00 am this morning, so they had some waiting to do before Kenton & I were ready to begin the Easter celebrations.  :]


We started the morning off with Keith Green's "Easter Song" (such a great song!) & reading through the Easter story using Resurrection Eggs.  This is a new tradition for our little family (just our third year) & I really like how engaged the boys stay when reading through the story & learning the symbolism of the items in the eggs.  Such a great way to start our morning, to remember the real significance of Easter, & to be thankful for Christ's death & resurrection!

 The kids each got a few things in their Easter baskets: some books, swim stuff for our upcoming trip to Great Wolf Lodge, some gum & treats.  :)


 I made some bunny teethers for Elsa, inspired by some pins on Pinterest!


 My peaceful view (at the moment).


 I was excited to show Elsa her basket, when she woke up.  :)


 This expression totally cracks me up!


 That's better.


 Still a bit confused, but she seemed to enjoy her book.  :)

<<<>>>

 After a lovely service at our church, we gathered at Kenton's parents' house for more Easter fun & a yummy dinner.


a family portrait


 The Oregon Henrys


 These two.


 Silly girl.


 On the hunt for eggs!





 Some photos of me & my girl.


 I'm usually behind the camera, so it's nice to have some photos of me from time to time.


 Silly faces!


 Great smile!


 Whoops!


 So fun to shake (& taste!) the eggs.  :)


Pappa, Mummi & their three grandchildren.

No comments: