Sunday, June 15, 2008

dad's day

Today was a beautiful, sunny, warm day; perfect for Father's Day. After church, we had lunch & banana splits at my parent's house with the Chase & Ruddick families. Kenton had to wait all day for the gift from me & Finn, but he was a good sport.

But before I get to the numerous photos of the day, I have a silly photo of Finn to share:


I was getting his bath ready & when I went to get Finn, this is how I found him. He had climbed into the chair on his own & was watching a backhoe video on the computer (Kenton had started the video; Finn doesn't know how to do that yet). :P He didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with sitting in the chair naked! Silly kid.

Ok, back to Father's day:

Josh got his workout by throwing the little kids in the air (little = everyone but Tyler). Cohen was definitely the most excited & managed to get a turn every other time. Finn looks a little surprised in this picture, but he started smiling & laughing quickly.


Pretty Sadie, climbing a tree


Ronan stopped to pose for a picture


Josh & Gretchen


Aaron & Becca


Our family: Katrina, Finley (19 months), & Kenton
(My hand kind of looks like a claw, but I think I was tickling Finn to get him to smile...I think)


My dad with his daughters. Erik couldn't make it this time because he's working on location (Missouri?) on a film project (I should know more about this; I'm a terrible sister!). Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. Or if you know more than me. But I do know that we missed him!

After Finn's nap, we went to Kevin & Outi's house along with Kenton's grandparents & great-aunt Lola, for hamburgers & strawberry shortcake. (Finn does great trying to say "Lola" - very cute!) I don't know where my camera was, but I didn't take very many pictures there. :\ But after waiting all day, Kenton finally got to see the gift from me & Finn, with help from Outi:


He's been thinking about this poster for a few years now & recently started talking about it again. So I ordered the print & asked Outi to mat it for him. Someday, we'll have her frame it in the fancy way that she does. For now, it's just in a poster frame from Michael's. Anyway, Kenton was surprised & excited!

No comments: