Monday, June 30, 2008

playing hard

On Sunday, Kenton drove to Kelso, Washington with Stu & Jesse for a Heroscape Tournament (which Kenton won, by the way!). My wonderful friends Carolyn & Jacque came over to hang out & to help keep Finn entertained. :) He loved having so much attention & we even did fun stuff!


After Finn's nap, we went to dinner at Laughing Planet: a very kid friendly restaurant with yummy food & cool dinosaurs on the tables. :)


Finn, Carolyn & Jacque


Finn just learned to say "cheese" when he sees someone taking a picture!


After dinner, we stopped at Sweet Life to get desserts to-go & then headed over to Riverplay Park. This time I was prepared with cool digging toys & construction vehicles. Ironically, Finn was more interested in the playground equipment this time. At least at the beginning...


He went down the great big slide alone & got bumped around a bit. So Jacque went down with him a second time & they both got bumped around a bit. :\ It's a pretty scary slide!


After the slide action, he was more interested in the sand & enjoyed playing with his own dump truck & bulldozer. I was happy to not have a tantruming child. :) I do want to try & find a cool backhoe soon so that he can give that a try...

We came home & Finn got a bath before going to bed. It was so nice to have Jacque & Carolyn helping me with Finn. I would have been pretty worn out with Kenton being gone all day! It's nice to trade off a bit with keeping him entertained. Thanks friends! :)

3 comments:

Jax said...

A very, very fun day...and I'm glad that you opted for the almost as bad but not quite as embarrassing picture of me on the slide with Finn. We should do it again sometime. And I will practice discretion with the slide next time.

Anonymous said...

Fun times! That's kind of a weird picture of me at the top. :) I think I was roaring.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.