Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A project!



I dug a hole yesterday! I'm kind of proud of that. :) While Finn was napping (he's such a good napper), I cut into our front lawn and dug a hole for our new tree: an Ornamental Plum tree, courtesy of Josh and Gretchen. I feel a little silly for getting so excited about planting a tree...especially when the Ruddicks are getting ready to build a house, but I've been wanting a tree to shade our front window for awhile now. It fit perfectly in the space; the hole needed to be a little bigger, but I love the way it looks in the yard.


There's a Japanese Snowball tree (I think) in the background that will be planted in the bed behind it (top left of the photo).

Plus, the Ruddicks gave us 5 Azaleas, 1 Rhododendron and 1 Heather. So fun for me. I've really enjoyed gardening and am starting to enjoy landscaping. It's just so expensive, so I haven't had a real chance to try it out. Now I have a project! Good news for me; not so good news for Kenton...he's not too into "projects". :)

The boys had fun playing while the men did the dirty work. (I helped a bit with the dirty work, too)
They look so cute in their PJ's! Finn and Griffin are getting close to walking. They both stand pretty well and have good balance. Griffin will just stand and stand... No steps yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love your blog!

Holes are exciting! So is filling them with pretty plants. That's so much fun! I'm excited for you (not for Kenton...)! Tell him I'm sorry I'm not there to help you so he could play games with Jesse instead. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that our trees and shrubs are going to a good home! We'll visit them often (:

Anonymous said...

The tree looks really cool - I'm glad we've got at least one master project-doer in the house. :)

ProfessR said...

I knew you were a "country girl."

Anonymous said...

That is a ginormous hole! and it had to take a l o n g t i m e to dig! It's a great tree for that spot-I love the burgandy leaves and being able to see it out your 'picture window'! Yeay for our family motto:"the Hecht Family Shares"!