Friday, October 12, 2007

working hard



I finished my first IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) for work today. Woohoo! That feels good. It was so nice to just sit with Angie (my supervisor/former head teacher/friend) and get to work. So much of my time is spent not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing. It was such a relief to have a big chunk of time devoted to learning such a major part of my job. Plus, I don't feel completely overwhelmed...just a little. Which is to be expected. It is really all starting to make a little more sense. Of course, I have a long way to go before I'll feel like I really know how to do everything. It's one step at a time. Ask me again in November/December, when I'll have 3 IFSP's due...Eek! One step at a time...

There wasn't a lot that I needed to get done in September. So it actually feels kind of good to have things that I'm supposed to be doing. But I don't have so much to do yet. I'm easing into things and that is so helpful. Soon, Angie will start supervising other classrooms too. Then, I think it will really hit me that I am the head teacher! Easing in...it's good to ease in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! you're awesome!

Anonymous said...

You are on a steep learning curve right now and you are a GREAT teacher! and even better because you are so conscientious and full of care about your work and for your students. They are SO LUCKY to have you!

love you!

mom