Saturday, February 23, 2008

cocoa daisy

On Thursday night, Becca & I went to a scrapbooking get-together type thing, where we bought & played with the February kit from Cocoa Daisy. Neither one of us had been to this event before, but I'm so glad we went. I heard about it from Ali's blog & have been wanting join her for some crafty stuff.

Anyway, Becca ended up knowing 2 women there (people who worked with Aaron at the bank) & another woman was friends with Becca's sister-in-law. Small scrapbooking world! Ali showed everyone how to make a mini-book with some pieces from the kits & then we had time to work on whatever we wanted. I brought my stack of photos & got to work. I think I'll make the mini-book when I have a better idea of which photos I'll use, but I managed to get 2 pages done:


Pictures of Daddy & Finn when he was 7 months old. Not the best lighting, but I like the way they turned out. I really like the fancy lace, card stock type stuff. Fun. :)

The woman who hosted, Jill (I think) had an amazing house. Her style was definitely "Shabby-chic" & it was consistent throughout the house. I was envious of her "studio." I loved how much space she had & all of her storage containers. This is one corner from her craft room.



It was really fun to see all of Ali's mini-books in person. I've seen a lot of these on her blog but it's not quite the same as being able to touch them. Very cool! She's always inspiring me to just go for it & make something. Doesn't have to be perfect or chronological. Just create.

2 comments:

Jax said...

it looks like you guys had a lot of fun and i really like your pages that you made. i visited simon's mom's page from your link and i ended up spending like an hour looking at her projects. she is really talented!

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds good! Is that a 12x12? I really like how you used that big picture on the first one. And I want that lace stuff! I can't wait to get back into it! I will have a lot to do... I still need to finish 2007 pre-PC, then Peace Corps!