Saturday, July 12, 2008

hippy fair 2008

Today we attended the 2008 Oregon Country Fair. (For those who have never heard of the Country Fair, click here. It's not your typical County Fair...) This is Kenton's 4th time, my 3rd time, & Finn's 2nd time. Kenton had to scope it out himself before he was able to convince me that it was safe to attend. The Country Fair has a bit of a reputation in Eugene & I wasn't brave enough to be the first in the family to attend.

So, Kenton took charge by going by himself in 2004 & has been a fan of the fair ever since. He's the reason we have gone 3 out of the 4 years & will probably attend for many years to come...though I think every other year is a good amount for me. I enjoy the atmosphere & the food...not so much the crowd & the heat. But we had a very enjoyable time this year with our friends, Stu & Jacque (who also are frequent fair-goers).

Finn & Jacque during our first food break. :)


Checking out some of the costumes while they were not in use. It can be a little spooky when people walk around on stilts while wearing animal costumes (even for me). :)


I love the look on Finn's face. Not too sure what to think of the performance on stage. ;)


The crowd.


Getting a little worn out.


For my dad. Have you seen this before? A feathery drum bike is right up your alley, Papa. Minus the feathers, maybe... :P


Listening to nature.


Never a shortage of butterfly/fairy wings. Finn was pretty excited to see so many butterflies in one place.


After a very short nap, Finn was re-energized & ready for more action. He was definitely a good sport, for being stuck in the stroller most of the day. I think he enjoyed watching all of the hippies & tasting our food. He even tried a taste of my Falafel! So brave. :)

*For more pictures, check out the newly added album to the left.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was pretty hot at the country fair. Too bad Finn's pappa didn't go with him. I couldn't convince him that he should at least see it once. I bet Finn was excited to see all the colorful characters.
--kisses and hugs to all--Mummi

Anonymous said...

Great pictures hon! I love you!

Jax said...

it was a lot of fun and definitely hot! thanks for going with us!

Gretchen Ruddick said...

Fun photo album! I can't believe that Josh and I have never made it to the Country Fair! We'll have to join you guys next time (: