Monday, July 21, 2008

my birthday, if i must...

On Sunday, July 20th, my very wonderful family helped me celebrate my twenty-something-th birthday. This number is a little hard me for to swallow. I'm still coping. But it was a wonderful day, nonetheless. :) It started with the showering of gifts from 2 of my favorite boys. Then continued (after church) with a BBQ at my parent's house.



My family was very generous in giving me gifts, despite my decision to stay the same age this year. ;) I don't really have any desire to grow one year older, so I'm sticking right here until further notice...


Kenton captured a pretty cute moment. You can tell just how into birthday parties Finn is at this age. The cake on the other hand...


My helpers. :)


Caught in the act! Finn has learned to take advantage of finger foods at parties that tend to be within his reach. He didn't actually want to eat any carrots or particularly care for the dip, but he kept going for both over & over. Silly boy. He also managed to eat a few strawberries, stems & all. :P


Another great shot while Kenton was behind the lens.


My very delicious Thin Mint Blizzard ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, created by Becca! Yummmm.....

5 comments:

Gretchen Ruddick said...

Yay for Birthdays, but not for getting older! I hear ya! Just remember that you'll always be younger than me...and lots of other people (:

So sad that Finn got that owie ): Is there a big bruise today?

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday, Katrina! We'll have to celebrate birthdays when I get back. And, what owie did Finn get? Please, give him a hug and a kiss for me. ---Outi

Jax said...

It looks like you had a pretty fun day! I miss having my family around me, especially when it comes to holidays and birthdays. It is awesome that you have so many family members close to you!

Kenton Henry said...

Explanation of the owie on Finn's forehead in the last photo:

Finn was playing in the family room while his cousins were watching Dora...or Diego...or something, when we heard him start crying the terrible cry that signals he's been hurt or horribly offended. I went in & looked him over but couldn't find any injuries. He was just standing there crying. So I figured he had fallen but didn't see the wound.

Then Kenton took him to try & sooth him. He washed his face & when he lifted his hair to wash his forehead, he saw the owie: a big goose-egg with a scrape that was bleeding in the middle. No one saw it happen so we don't really know how he did it. But it looked a lot better the second day...we'll see about the third day. :(

Samantha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I am trying to figure out how old you are but my best guess would not make me sad. But I also know that you are younger than me and I like my age. So anyway, I hope you had a good birthday and a great year! Love you guys!