Friday, January 6, 2012

a gingerbread house for santa

 One of my co-workers gave me a gingerbread house kit & Finley wanted to make it for Santa.  I made the mistake of doing this without Kenton, which lead me to get frazzled a bit.  But it turned out great & the kids only consumed about half of the candy!  :P


 I'm not too great with the frosting (hence the gingerbread man's toga), but the dripping frosting did made a cool icicle effect.


My favorite part is the already chewed gum on the right window.  Cedar must have chewed on a gumball until it lost its flavor, the traded it out with some tastier candy.  :P  There's a partially consumed peppermint candy sliding down the door as well!  Oh, how I would love to decorate a gingerbread house without the help of small children...but I know these are the days that I will miss the most!  :P  And besides, who cares about a gingerbread house when there are no small children around to enjoy them!  ;)

1 comment:

Gretchen Ruddick said...

Ewwww! You should've warned me about the ABC gum in the picture! (: Haha! Silly boys!