Wednesday, August 12, 2009

backyard: before & after

We've made a lot of progress in our backyard this summer & I wanted to look back & see what it was like when we bought our house. Here are some photos I wanted to share.


BEFORE:
Completely overgrown with blackberry bushes.


AFTER:
We attacked the blackberries, uncovered a lilac & shrub that were overtaken, pruned the giant photinia (on the right of the photos), planted a cedar tree from Kevin & Outi (in honor of Cedar's birth), dug out some flower beds & planted some new flowers. Our new fence sure makes a big difference, too!


BEFORE:
More overgrown blackberries, flower beds overgrown with grass & ugly dead grass on the lawn.


AFTER:
Cleaned up all the shrubs & beds; watered & fertilized the grass. Not perfect by any means, but such a huge improvement! Finn tells us often "I like our yard!" Can't beat that! :)

4 comments:

Kenton said...

Cool. That feels good to see that. :)

Gretchen Ruddick said...

I like you yard, too. (: It really looks great--you've worked so hard!

Jax said...

Wow, that really looks amazing. I mean, I've been in your backyard and new it looked better but the pictures really show it. That is crazy. Good job guys!

Lauren Odell Usher Sharpton said...

Huge improvement! Nice work. Makes me long for a big backyard...maybe someday (: